The Big Data Engineering Program is designed to introduce the technically inclined student to the technologies and methodologies requested by hiring companies and used by real world data engineers. This program is fast paced and will cover a breadth of technologies, including Python programming, Hadoop and cloud-based services in Amazon Web Services (AWS). The student will also be introduced to such methods as data wrangling, munging, ingesting and modeling for analytics.
By the end of the program the successful student will be prepared for an entry level position as a data engineer, Python programmer, or business intelligence developer.
Pre Requisites for Big Data Engineering:
- Technical aptitude
- Logical thinker
- Comfortable with OS file system concepts
- Experienced downloading and installing software
- Experience working with data connections in Excel or other applications
- Experience creating macros and functions in Excel or other application
- Some exposure to programming is helpful but not required